Friday, April 17, 2009

Ten Vid-Cap Review or Less :: The Naked Kiss (1964)

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

"I saw a broken down piece of machinery.
Nothing but the buck, the bed and the bottle
for the rest of my life. That's what I saw."

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

Just when I begin to think the Italians and Japanese have staked out a permanent claim on my vintage cinema soul, along comes Samuel Fuller with this swift, kick-to-the-head piece of trash-noir that stark, weird, and wonky don't even come close to properly describing.











Having tagged The Naked Kiss awhile back as one of the movies that I had no excuse for not seeing yet, I'm glad to have finally crossed it off the list. And after only having seen her in a thankless, "Chitlins forever, ya'll" role in The Horse Soldiers, Constance Towers was a complete revelation as the broken down lady of the evening trying to make good. (And oh, to somehow see Kelly do to Vivian Ward what she did Madame Candy I'd gladly pitch in the necessary $45.)


The Naked Kiss (1964) F & F Productions :: Allied Artists / EP: Sam Firks, Leon Fromkess / P: Samuel Fuller / D: Samuel Fuller / W: Samuel Fuller / C: Stanley Cortez / E: Jerome Thoms / M: Paul Dunlop / S: Constance Towers, Anthony Eisley, Michael Dante, Virginia Grey, Patsy Kelly

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...