Tuesday, June 29, 2010

In Memoriam.


One of my favorite family related cinema stories is how my father, during the courting process, took my mother and his prospective mother-in-law to go and see Cecil B. DeMille's biblical epic, The Ten Commandments at the local drive-in.

Never could get a straight answer on the seating arrangements for that screening, and though I doubt this ingratiating excursion had any influence at all on future events, but, here I am and there ya go ... And a fella or a gal couldn't have done any better trolling for a mother-in-law and landing my Grandma Shaw, who peacefully passed away yesterday at the ripe old age of 102; a life that lead to almost ninety total offspring once you tick all the generations off.

Miss ya, Gramms. Say hi to Gramps, Dad, and Chris for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...